The difficult second album
A big thanks to everyone who sent us questions for our first episode, watched what we had to say, and were enthusiastic enough to ask for more. We're happy to oblige, so here is another batch of questions which we try to answer in this, the second episode of whatever this is.
In this video
We tried to answer these questions. Thanks for asking!
Links and notes
- Branch deploys - Using branch deploys to create different environments. Question #14
- Redirects docs - More details on using the Netlify Redirects API. Question #17
- Snippet injection - A method to add code snippets such as Google Analytics in a timely way during deployments. Question #25
- Exposing branch names to analytics - A short video showing how to use Netlify environment variables in injected snippets. Question #25
- Netlify Identity widget example - Try out this reference example of the Netlify Identity widget. Question #20
- Gerald's identity example - The site Gerald uses in this video to show some cleverness with JWT. Question #20
- Identity example repo - The code behind Gerald's example. Question #20
- Netlify Identity docs - More detailed documentation about ways to implement identity on Netlify, including how to use other identity providers like Google, GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket. Question #20
- JWT.io - A useful playground to help explore and understand JWT. Question #20
- Netlify CLI 2.0 now in Beta - News on the development of the Netlify CLI, and the future of the Go version. Question #18
- JAMstack Community - Find a local JAMstack meetup or contact Netlify to get help with starting your own. Question #15